Expansion of WSO2’s worldwide customers, revenues, team and channels position the company for its next stage of growth
WSO2, the leader in digital transformation technology, today announced that 139 enterprises joined as new customers in 2020. Now some 550 of the world’s largest corporations, top universities, and governments rely on WSO2’s open source, cloud-native solutions to drive their digital initiatives—executing over 6.2 trillion transactions annually.
In 2020, WSO2 saw additional gains across the organisation, including:
- Double-digit growth in annual recurring revenue (ARR) across the company’s business units
- The addition of 63 channel partners across the Americas; Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA); and Asia-Pacific
- Some 80% growth of original equipment manufacturing (OEM) partners
- The expansion of the WSO2 global team to 700-plus employees
Growing Demand for WSO2’s Solutions
WSO2’s strong growth has continued despite the disruption of the global pandemic. Even as some companies were forced to cut their budgets, many organisations accelerated their digital transformation efforts to enable online communications, collaboration and commerce—compressing project timelines from years to months. Increasingly, these enterprises have turned to WSO2 for API management, integration, and customer identity and access management (CIAM) to harness the full power of their APIs to securely deliver the digital services and applications powering their businesses.
Contributing to adoption of WSO2’s technologies was the introduction of two vertical industry practices in 2020: WSO2 Banking, Financial Services & Insurance (BFSI) and WSO2 Healthcare. In addition to providing customised solutions, the groups deliver turnkey, API-driven interoperability solutions, including WSO2 Open Banking and WSO2 Open Healthcare.
In addition to increased demand from customers and partners, WSO2 and its technologies were recognised by leading independent research and advisory firms in 2020. These include:
- A Leader in The Forrester Wave™: API Management Solutions, Q3 2020 report published on the 4th August, 2020, by Forrester Research, Inc.
- Position in the Visionaries quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Full Life Cycle API Management report, published on the 22nd September, 2020.
- A Strong Performer in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Identity and Access Management, Q4 2020 report published on the 8th October, 2020, by Forrester Research, Inc.
- An Overall Leader, Technology Leader, and Innovation Leader in the KuppingerCole Analysts’ CIAM Platforms Leadership Compass 2020 report published on the 20th November, 2020.
Expansion in 2020 Supports Next Stage of Growth
In 2020, WSO2 invested in significantly expanding both its team and network of channel partners to support the regional demands of its customers worldwide. The company also brought on Eric Newcomer as chief technology officer (CTO) to contribute to the company’s technical vision and lead the rollout of WSO2’s next generation of solutions. Formerly global head of security architecture and strategy for the Citibank Consumer Bank, he brings 35-plus years of leadership and innovation in enterprise architecture and technologies, open standards, and open source software.
Additionally, WSO2 has made a number of executive promotions to support the next stage of the company’s global growth, most recently:
- Devaka Randeniya, chief revenue officer (CRO), previously served as senior vice president of worldwide sales at WSO2.
- Padmika Dissanaike, chief financial officer (CFO), formerly was vice president of finance.
- Geethika Cooray, vice president and head of identity and access management (IAM) at WSO2, formerly was director and head of sales of IAM.
- Ricardo Diniz, vice president and general manager of the United Kingdom, Spain, France, Italy and Portugal, previously served as the head of sales for Europe.
- Fernando Arditti, vice president and general manager of Latin America formerly was the director of sales for the region.
- Dr. Senaka Fernando, senior director and head of digital transformation, was a senior director of technology evangelism in the WSO2 CTO office.
“We’ve emerged from a black swan year where the pull of the pandemic has stretched in ways we never could have imagined. But time and again, we’ve seen our customers’ digital innovation drive both business continuity and new opportunities,” said Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO. “I’m honored by our employees and partners’ role in ensuring customers’ success as they implement their digital strategies, and I’m excited about 2021 as we work together to accelerate global adoption and roll out our next generation of solutions for enabling secure, API-first digital services.”
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s Research & Advisory organisation and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Founded in 2005, WSO2 enables the composable enterprise. Our open source, API-first, and decentralised approach helps developers and architects to be more productive and rapidly build digital products to meet demand. Customers choose us for our broad, integrated platform, approach to open source, and digital transformation methodology. The company’s hybrid platform for developing, reusing, running, and managing integrations prevents lock-in through open source software that runs on-premises or in the cloud. With offices in Australia, Brazil, Germany, Sri Lanka, the UK, and the US, WSO2 employs over 700 engineers, consultants, and professionals worldwide. Today, hundreds of leading brands and thousands of global projects execute over 6.2 trillion transactions annually using WSO2 integration technologies. Visit https://wso2.com to learn more. Follow WSO2 on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.